What is an Early Learning Resource Center?
Since July 1, 2018 Pennsylvania has provided a single point-of-contact for families, early learning service providers, and communities to gain information and access services that support high-quality child care and early learning programs. These are the Early Learning Resource Centers (ELRC).
The ELRCs make it easier for families to access the early care and education information they need for their children.
What services are available for families?
An ELRC can help families find the best child care for their children. They offer links to or information about services like:
- Individualized list of child care programs based on a child's specific needs
- Child Care Works, Pennsylvania’s child care subsidy program
- Keystone STARS, Pennsylvania’s quality improvement program for child care providers
- PA Pre-K Counts and Head Start
- Early Intervention Services
- Family Centers
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- And other services
What should families do?
To find your ELRC and additional information, visit www.raiseyourstar.org and search by your county.
Where is an Early Learning Resouce Center?
There are ELRCs in every county in Pennsylvania. To find your ELRC, visit www.raiseyourstar.org and search by your county.